- This event has passed.
Artumnal Gathering – November 23, 2013
November 23, 2013 @ 6:00 pm - November 24, 2013 @ 2:00 am
The 7th Annual Artumnal Gathering
Thank you to all who attended the 7th annual Artumnal Gathering! It was a magical evening!
The Black Rock Arts Foundation invites you to our seventh annual fundraising event, The Artumnal Gathering.
Saturday, November 23, 2013
The Bently Reserve (parking and transporation info)
400 Sansome St.
San Francisco, CA 94111
For the last twelve years, BRAF has enjoyed the privilege of working with artists who are breaking the mold of public art, and who prioritize community benefit and involvement in their work. We believe in their vision and are honored to offer them our support.
BRAF is nearing a pivotal moment in our evolution. We recognize that there are more avenues of growth to be explored, more communities in need of art, and more connections and collaborations to be nurtured.
Now is the perfect time to recognize our community’s extraordinary artists! Join us in celebration of our past work and collaborators, and support BRAF’s future initiatives!
The evening includes a sumptuous dinner, sophisticated libations, tantalizing treats, wondrous pleasures, captivating featured and roaming live performances, DJ’s, original artwork by our favorite artists, dancing, raffle, gallery art sale, live and silent auction featuring exclusive experiences and items, and abundant expressions of creativity!
Tickets on sale now! Lower-tier tickets are sold out, and second tier tickets are available only in limited amounts, so act quickly.
Artumnal Ticket Packages:
The dinner is sold out.
The event is 21 and up with ID only.
RSVP on Facebook
The Artumnal Gathering features a live auction during dinner and an art gallery full of incredible work from our community. More information about the live and silent auctions and a selection of what will be available are available on the auction page.
Here are just a few of fabulous artists and entertainers who will entertain, enchant and amuse you!
- Shawn Feeney / The Invisible Underground – Sculpture, and edible alchemy.
- Nick Grainger
- Paul Hayes – Suspended, site specific installation by San Francisco artist.
- Hoodie – Site specific installation
- Jason McHugh and Jason Silverio (Disorient)
- Bunnie (Bonnie) Reiss – Site specific textile environment.
- Metamorphosis by Alex Andre Thevenot – The Metamorphosis interactive installation brings insight into the notion of self in an effort to embrace togetherness. This 2013 BRAF Grantee project must be seen in person to be believed!
(Above) 2013 Grantee Metamorphosis by Alex Andre Thevenot
- Videosynth – Video installation. Participate in this interactive video portraiture studio!
- Cynthia Aviance – Interactive Circus Artistry
- Ding Dong (Brass Tax)
- Eggplant Casino – Afro-Latin-Gypsy-Calypso-Cabaret!
- Gaucho – Playing a repertoire in the music of Django Reinhart and the gypsy jazz of 1930’s Europe, Gaucho also finds inspiration in the rhythmic drive and collective improvisation of New Orleans swing music and the “gut bucket” sound. Gaucho is a first-rate ensemble, playing music with boundless energy, passion and humor.
- DJ Matt Haze (Sunset SF) – Matt Haze is a riddle wrapped in an enigma, covered in a stylish beard. One of the most forward-thinking and current DJs in SF, Haze rubs contemporary and classic jams with a marinade of cutting edge beats and a nod to the old school. Haze is difficult to classify but impossible to resist. He best known for his work with SF’s Slayers Club collective, dropping styles across the board from twerk and dancehall to moombahton, electro-swing, tech-house to R&B, glitch, jungle and everything else…including the kitchen sink.
- Jeff Hobbs – Multi-instrumentalist
- Little John – Little John’s roots run deeply through the creative hotbed of San Francisco’s mid 90’s underground and the incredibly diverse Santa Cruz free party scene. A resident of the legendary 13 Moon Tribe and pioneering producer of the wildly successful Raindance events, Little John has played alongside many other first-class musicians including Bassnectar, Tipper, Mark Farina, A.Skillz, and Fort Knox Five.
- Love Jocelyn
- The Lucent Dossier Experience – Midnight performance featuring aerialists, dancers, acrobats and alchemists. The Lucent Dossier Experience is a multidisciplinary art and performance collective based on magic, inspiration, and living by the ancient wisdom of choosing confidence over doubt, joy over pain and love over fear. Their performances manifest a living playground for the innovative genius child in all of us. Don’t miss their upcoming full production, December 20, 2013 at Regency Center, San Francisco.
- Metamorphosis Ballet – Metamorphosis Ballet was founded in 2009 by artist Marlowe Bassett as a platform to present collaborative multi-media performance art. Fully equipped with dancers, technology, avant guard costuming, aerial and fire arts, fashion, music, film, and photography- the mission of Metamorphosis Ballet is to fully express artistic magnificence.
- Materialized – Materialized is a keys/drums live electronic music duo from Oakland, CA. that specialize in soul shaking, bass-quaking dance and electronic music played live. Drummer Dale Fanning and Keyboardist/Synthesist Dave Pellicciaro have crafted a style that feeds on their trademark combustive energy.
- noaccordion – Effected accordion, analog synth, electronic beats and bass, beatbox, latin american percussion, MC’s, trumpet and trippy female vocals. They’re as if Gogol Bordello, Gotan Project, Portishead and Nina Hagen all joined forces to create a world, gypsy, electropop, hip hop, trip hop, electronica, downtempo, punk rock, nu wave cabaret!
- Jocelynn Rudig – Jocelynn Rudig has been performing since 2000 nationally and internationally as a dancer and aerialist, specializing in Modern Dance, Trapeze, Lyra and Aerial Fabric. Jocelynn currently resides in Northern California where, in addition to performing, she teaches aerial dance, yoga and aerial yoga.
- Shissla (Space Cowboys)
- Tamo – One of the founding members of the all-female DJ collective Angels of Bass as well as a member of the illustrious Space Cowboys, Tamo has become one of the most well known DJs in the San Francisco underground dance music scene. Mixing a combination of deep and progressive house along with techno and break gives her sets a unique appeal and an unmistakable style.
- Madeline Tasquin – Canadian-Californian songwriter Madeline Tasquin was raised in Northern British Columbia by her opera singer mother and gold miner father. Singing in both English and French, her songs dip from jazz-tinged folk to odd-meter soul, to twisted pop ballad and delicate folk fairy-tale.
Thank you to our sponsors!