BRAF Social Media Volunteer Job Description
The Black Rock Arts Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization, is currently interviewing for a Social Media Superstar to join our team! This is a great opportunity to learn social media marketing and the non-profit sector while working on a specific project and developing key skills that will be very marketable for college students looking for their first real job or recent grads looking to expand their resume.
You will be responsible for working with BRAF staff to get the word out about BRAF’s wonderful projects, events and programs through a variety of social media channels. Hands on learning opportunities will cover the tasks of project management, outreach, community building, commenting, bookmarking, engaging in and monitoring conversations, link building, and post scheduling.
The ideal volunteer will have experience very good knowledge of various social networking & social media websites. Business, journalism, or communications major would be ideal but we encourage all others apply. Knowledge of non-profit development, marketing, biz development, or experience in the media industry also a plus. You must also possess the following attributes:
- A self starter, able to work on your own with a given set of instructions
- Have the ability to be flexible, self-sufficient and a team player
- Must have exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills and a flair for using “social networking speak” and online jargon
- Technically savvy with social media site functionality
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to details
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and able to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude, highly self-motivated, self-sufficient, and confident
- Excellent computer skills: Preferably mac. Must be very comfortable with all Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Able to attend our Communications Committee meetings every second Monday of the month, at 3pm
- Able to work in our office in San Francisco three hours a week.
Please email a resume and brief statement of why you’re interested in the position to volunteer @blackrockarts.org (volunteer @blackrockarts.org) by November 20, 2012. Position to begin in early December (negotiable.)